Friday, December 6, 2013

Blog Post 4 Official Game that gives you 10 extra years of life



                Jane McGonigal talk on her game that can give us 10 extra years of life is one of the most interesting talks I have ever listened to. I have not thought of games the way she has described for years. With all the talk from people around me saying that games are a waste of time or that they would not play games because there are better things to do, such as do more school work and not play, I started to lose my reason for playing games. I felt that in order to keep up in life with others, I had to prevent myself from playing games. Mrs. McGonigal argues otherwise saying that games are a good way for you to stay happy. The reason why I thought this was interesting is that when I stopped playing games as often in order to keep up in my college work, I started to slowly feel more and more depressed. Depressed that I have to work all week long programming and not spend it playing games with my friends or loved ones. This is wrong, and I should make time to play games. According to Mrs. McGonigal, games can help you increase your life span by increasing your physical, mental, emotional, and social resilience. I agree with this because recently, I spent some time playing Super Mario 3D on the Wii U with my friends. This game pretty much increase all of my resilience(physical, mental, emotional, and social) as it made me jump up in joy with my friends as we worked together to overcome hard obstacles in the Mario game. Thanks to Mrs. McGonigal, I will not think of games as such a waste of time anymore, but use it as a medium to make me more happier. This way I can make it so I am not stress out as much and can continue to work hard towards my college degree and feel super better.

No comments:

Post a Comment